Keep Your Hips Strong with the A1 Hip Extension Machine
Machine of the Month - A1 Hip Extension Machine
Our regular clients know it as the A1 Machine, otherwise widely known as the Hip Extension machine, isolates and strengthens the glutes, hamstrings and lower back – however an emphasis should normally be placed on the glutes for this exercise (seek advice from your Kieser fitness instructor).
Using the hip extension machine helps everyday activities, such as walking, going up stairs and running all involve hip extension movements plus much more. Therefore the A1 Hip Extension machine is extremely relevant for our everyday lives and structural well being.
Due to the fact that many of us are seated for extended periods throughout the day, whether it be because of our job or everyday life, it is important to perform hip extension exercises such as the A1 to keep our hips strong, glutes active and lower back supportive to the rest of our body.
Important Technique Points
- Your knees should be bent throughout the entirety of the exercise
- Ensure you keep your legs parallel to one another
- Remember to avoid arching your back and to use your glutes to perform the movement
- Ensure that your arms are straight and you grip the handholds loosely during the exercise
- Make sure that your hips and shoulders are not twisted. The hips and shoulders should not move on the pads throughout the exercise