Keep Your Core Strong with the A2 Torso Flexion Machine
Machine of the Month - A2 Torso Flexion
The A2, or torso flexion, isolates and strengthens the straight abdominals muscles and hip flexors.
The A2 is a great addition to a training program as it works to strengthen the core. A strong core can help you perform a number of everyday activites such as walking, running, standing or sitting at a computer. While the F2 machine focusses more on the upper and middle abdominals, the A2 targets your lower abdominal muscles. If you are looking for an alternative to the F2 or find that you are plateauing on the F2, ask your instructor about adding in the A2.
Important Technique Points
- Ensure that the thigh roller is as high up to the base of the glutes as possible.
- Remember to keep a restricted range of movement as advised by instructor. If your range is too large, you will not be isolating the targeted muscle group.
- Be sure to keep your shoulders relaxed and do not tense your arms during the exercise.
- Keep your legs hip width apart throughout the exercise.
- Keep your head in a neutral position on the pillow and ensure you keep your torso centered.