Keep Your Back and Chest Strong with the D7 Seated Dip Machine
Machine of the Month - D7 Seated Dip Machine
The D7, or seated dip, isolates and strengthens the greater pectoral muscle of the chest, the lower trapezius muscles in the upper back and the triceps muscles of the arm.
The D7 strengthens similar muscle groups as the D5 and D6. What makes D7 special is its ability to target the lower trapezius muscle which is important for shoulder health. Strengthening of the lower trapezius muscle can help with shoulder conditions such as impingement.
The muscles the D7 targets are those used when getting up out of a chair, thus is recommended for those struggling with this motion.
Important Technique Points
- Ensure that your elbows are at a 45-90 degree angle
- Keep your hands in a vertical line with the armpits and push through towards your hips
- Remember to keep your upper body straight and stable while leaning forwardfrom the hips (think of a bowing motion)
- Keep your elbows pointing down and back, away from your ears
- Keep your head in a neutral position, looking forwards throughout the exercise